As we look to grow our team we have an incredible opportunity! We are seeking a Booking Agent/Guide Manager to take on a dynamic role within the company. Read on for all of the details.
Job Title: Booking Agent and Guide Manager
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply: Email your resume with cover letter in PDF format to Pacific Angler Operations Manager, Kathryn Sharp. Kathryn@pacificangler.ca.
Pacific Angler – About us
Pacific Angler is Vancouver’s largest and most energetic, full service fishing pro shop and guiding service. Our staff are avid, lifetime fishermen with a vast range of experience on rivers, lakes and ocean with a special love for and focus on British Columbia.
The Booking Agent and Guide Manager position is responsible for providing an unparalleled experience for our guests from start to finish by delivering legendary customer service and exceptional trip knowledge to every customer. You will manage all of our fresh and saltwater guiding operations to ensure our guests have the fishing adventure of a lifetime.
We are seeking an articulate, reliable individual with rock-solid organizational and administrative skills, superior time management and attention to detail to provide personalized customer service to our guests while managing trip logistics from A to Z.
You will have responsibility over a significant number of trip departures, managing behind-the-scene trip details as well as helping guests prepare for their guided trips. You will manage all trip specifics from lead generation to post trip follow up, including taking all charter calls and emails, closing all leads, assigning, supervising and motivating all guides.
Working alongside the management team you will also implement an overall fishery specific marketing plan.
• A clear, confident communicator who is able to write and speak persuasively and easily establish rapport with our guests;
• Flexible yet extremely detail oriented and able to prioritize day-to-day activities;
• Able to work harmoniously within a small team environment;
• Adaptable to a collaborative and independent workflow; and
• Resilient to pressure and able to juggle multiple priorities and tight timing constraints.
We are looking for someone who takes pride in a job well done and has a strong commitment to exceeding guests’ expectations along with a passion for fishing to join our team.
If this is you, read on!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Phone/web/email leads actioned within the same business day.
- Manage overall guiding schedule and assign guide to trip based on guests needs and personality.
- Document trip specifics including trip expectations, gear needs and special requests (gear, catering, special departure times, pickup/dropoff).
- Detailed and timely transaction notes of all relevant guest contact entered in bookings, providing a running timeline of the booking.
- Process trip payments as per standard operating procedures through point of sale system.
- Pre-departure emails sent in a timely manner with pertinent trip details to guests.
- Confirm trip via email with guides – outline all customer special requests, fishing history/experience etc.
- Trip follow up both with guest and guide;
- Call or email guests, request trip advisor review if a good trip, address concerns if there were deficiencies in trip.
- Call guides, review trip, record catch.
- Maintain an accurate filing system and guest history record.
- Coordinate group trips with other guide operations as required.
- Correspondence from external groups documented in files (e.g. bookings from other guide agencies, group bookings)
- Work with guiding team to ensure that all required dock and boat supplies are stocked and maintained throughout the season.
- Communicate any boat or dock maintenance issues to the management team and/or marina management if required.
- Assist management team in hiring of guides if necessary throughout the season.
- Manage guiding team including;
- Trip assignments.
- Days off/personal requests.
- In conjunction with management team ensure boats and guides have required credentials and that all are up to date.
- Implement overall guided trip marketing plan in conjunction with management team.
- Develop in-store and digital marketing for trips including:
- Database building;
- E-collateral/email blasts for specific fisheries;
- Web placement monitoring;
- Social media management; and
- Provide feedback to management team on campaign results and customer response to campaigns.
- Identify opportunities for growth and other marketing avenues.
- Answer every phone call with the intent of closing a sale.
- Maintain a reliable system to track and follow-up with sales leads, and make follow-up sales calls when appropriate.
- Develop a strong relationship with each guest so next time they fish, they choose Pacific Angler again and they recommend Pacific Angler to their friends.
- Contribute with the entire sales team in achieving monthly sales goals.
Excellent Internal Communication
- Efficiently communicate guest questions and or expectations to other team members (e.g. other managers or guides) as appropriate to ensure a seamless guest trip experience.
- Save new operations/trip information in a central folder and communicate updates with other team members.
- Advise appropriate team members of required updates to trip notes and/or websites
Customer Service and Sales
- Determine the specific needs of each trip lead and provide appropriate service and make recommendations based on needs.
- Ability to provide superior customer service and exceed customer’s expectations.
- Respond to and handle customer issues by using good judgment and logic in solving problems and making decisions within the job scope.
- Give accurate and current information about fishing inquiries; if the correct information is not at hand, do everything possible to provide an answer before the end of the same business day.
- Up-to-date computer skills with the aptitude to learn and utilize business programs.
Fishing Knowledge and Expertise
- Demonstrate a passion for fishing by maintaining knowledge of trends and emerging technologies that relate to the fishing lifestyle.
- Knowledge of various fishing products, including rods, reels, tackle and accessories.
- Extensive practical, multidiscipline, hands-on fishing experience (saltwater, freshwater, fly fishing).
- Thorough knowledge of local fisheries and emphasis on techniques used in local fisheries.
Fishing Community Activism
- Assist in identifying appropriate charitable organizations for possible Pacific Angler support.
- Educate yourself on corporate environmental and fishing campaigns so that you can educate customers on these issues.
- Get actively involved within the fishing community on appropriate issues.
Mentoring, Training and Employee Development
- Participate in all required Pacific Angler employee training, including new hire training, ongoing product and service training.
- Take advantage of additional training opportunities as they are offered.