Pacific Angler Saltwater Guide
Job Title: Saltwater Guide
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job Type: Full-time + Part-time
To Apply: Email your resume in PDF format to Pacific Angler Guiding Manager, Lars Akerberg – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for (full or part-time) in the subject line.
Pacific Angler – About us
Pacific Angler is Vancouver’s largest and most energetic, full-service fishing pro shop and guided fishing charter operator. Our staff are avid, lifetime fishermen with a vast range of experience on rivers, lakes and ocean with a special love for and focus on British Columbia.
At Pacific Angler, we are currently searching for an energetic, client-driven and experienced certified saltwater guide to join our select guiding team for the 2017 season. The ideal candidate must have a genuine passion for fishing, superb knowledge of local fisheries and is comfortable operating a fleet of Grady Whites. Must be a team player and demonstrate a commitment to exceeding guest expectations with a can-do attitude in all situations. Exceptional fish handling skills and equipment maintenance are a pivotal part of the position.
Position runs from August to the end of October, with potential for extended work into November and December.
Job Type: Temporary
If this is you, read on!
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to provide superior customer service and exceed customers’ expectations.
- Provide in-depth knowledge on all local fisheries.
- Increase customer base by creating memorable trips and raving reviews.
- Excellent leadership skills.
Boat and Equipment Maintenance
- Prepare for every guest in advance by proactively inspecting all tackle and fishing supplies.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized dock, empty all trash and perform boat and general cleaning duties after each trip.
- Inspect and report any boat issues in a timely manner to prevent operation downtime.
Fishing Knowledge and Expertise
- Extensive saltwater guiding experience.
- Thorough knowledge of local fisheries and emphasis on techniques used in local fisheries.
- Demonstrate a passion for fishing by maintaining knowledge of trends and emerging technologies that relate to the fishing lifestyle.
- Exceptional knowledge of fish handling, cleaning and filleting.
- Comfortable operating a fleet of 28’ twin engine Grady White boats.
- Report to work in a timely manner.
- Greets the guests accordingly.
- Maintain company image by adhering to the dress guidelines for Pacific Angler guiding team.
- Practice safety consciousness at all times.
- Provide accurate end of trip report to guide manager.
- Contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers and guests.
- MED A3
- Marine First Aid
- ROC w/DSC endorsement
- CTAG considered an asset