Home / Fishing License for Saltwater Fishing

Fishing License for Saltwater Fishing

All guests on Pacific Angler charters need to purchase a B.C. Tidal Waters Sport Fishing License prior to their charter. While paper licenses are no longer available for purchase our charter or retail locations, they can be purchased online, here:

Tidal licenses are available as one, three, five day or annual licenses and prices vary depending on age group and residency.

Get Your Salmon Conservation Stamp

For guests planning on catching and keeping any species of salmon, you will require a Salmon Conservation Stamp. The Salmon Conservation Stamp is an option you select online, when the license type is being entered in National Recreational Licensing System. If you’ve already purchased a license, and need to add a stamp on, simply log into your saved profile, and select “Obtain a Stamp”; this will add the current year stamp image to your license. Make sure you reprint your license to show the updated stamp. The stamp is valid from April 1- March 31st of each fishing season.

If, however, you plan on releasing your catch, you still need to purchase a license, but you do not need to purchase the Salmon Conservation Stamp.

For juveniles (individuals under the age of 16), a license is still required. There is no fee for juveniles but they still need to go through the process and hold a license if fishing in tidal waters.

Once your B.C. Tidal Waters Sport Fishing license is printed, you are free to fish! Make sure to carry a printed copy as proof of your purchase. Recreational fishers are also required by the BC Sports Fishing Regulations to record their catch of chinook salmon, halibut and lingcod, in ink on the printed license.

If you have any questions or concerns about obtaining a B.C. Tidal Waters Sport Fishing license, don’t hesitate to contact us today. Or, for more information, visit the Government of Canada’s Tidal Waters Licensing FAQ page.

It's Your Trip...

Have questions? Don’t hesitate to call our retail location for more information. Or, for more details on types of licenses and regulations, visit the Government of Canada’s website’s frequently asked questions section.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.