Pacific Angler Freshwater Guide
Job Title: Freshwater Guide
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job Type: Full-time + Part-time
To Apply: Email your resume in PDF format to Pacific Angler Guiding Manager, Luis Vilanova at [email protected]
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for (full or part-time) in the subject line.
Pacific Angler – About us
Pacific Angler is Vancouver’s largest and most energetic, full service fishing pro shop and guided fishing charters. Our staff are avid, lifetime fishermen with a vast range of experience on rivers, lakes and ocean with a special love for and focus on British Columbia.
At Pacific Angler, we are currently searching for an energetic, client-driven and experienced certified freshwater guide to join our select guiding team for the 2017 season. The ideal candidate must have a genuine passion for fishing, superb knowledge of local fisheries and extensive experience on BC Rivers and Lakes. Must be a team player and demonstrate a commitment to exceeding guest expectations with a can-do attitude in all situations. Exceptional fish handling skills and equipment maintenance are a pivotal part of the position.
Position runs from January to the end of October, with potential for extended work into November and December.
Job Type: Temporary
If this is you, read on!
Essential Job Functions:
• Ability to provide superior customer service and exceed customers’ expectations.
• Provide in-depth knowledge on all local fisheries.
• Increase customer base by creating memorable trips and raving reviews.
• Excellent leadership skills.
Guiding Equipment Maintenance
• Prepare for every guest in advance by proactively inspecting all tackle and fishing supplies.
• Inspect, clean and maintain waders and boots organized throughout the season.
Fishing Knowledge and Expertise
• Extensive freshwater guiding experience specifically on the Vedder, Chilliwack, Harrison and Squamish Rivers as well as popular Lakes in the Sea to Sky region.
• Thorough knowledge of local fisheries and emphasis on techniques used in local fisheries.
• Demonstrate a passion for fishing by maintaining knowledge of trends and emerging technologies that relate to the fishing lifestyle.
• Exceptional knowledge of fish handling.
• Report to work in a timely manner.
• Greets the guests accordingly and is available to drive guests to assigned locations.
• Maintain company image by adhering to the dress guidelines for Pacific Angler guiding team.
• Practice safety consciousness at all times.
• Provide accurate end of trip report to guide manager.
• Contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers and guests.
• Boating and rafting experience an asset.
• First aid an asset.
• Class 5 or 4 Driver’s License.
• Own a reliable 4X4 vehicle.