Pacific Angler Retail Sales and Warranty Associate
Job Title: Retail Sales + Warranty Associate
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job Type: Full-time and part-time positions available
To Apply: Email your resume with cover letter in PDF format to Pacific Angler Operations Manager, Kathryn Sharp. Kathryn@pacificangler.ca
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for (full or part-time) in the subject line and in your cover letter.
Pacific Angler – About us:
Pacific Angler is Vancouver’s largest and most energetic, full service fishing pro shops. Our staff are avid, lifetime fishermen with a vast range of experience on rivers, lakes and ocean with a special love for and focus on British Columbia.
The Retail and Warranty Sales Associate is responsible for providing an unparalleled shopping experience by delivering legendary customer service and exceptional product knowledge to every customer. We are looking for a self-motivated team player with previous retail, warranty or related customer service experience and a passion for fishing to join our team. If this is you, read on!
Essential Job Functions:
Customer Service and Sales
- Provide a superior level of prompt, efficient and courteous customer service.
- Determine the specific needs of each person that enters the store and provide appropriate service and make recommendations based on needs.
- Give accurate and current information about product and/or fishing inquiries; if the correct information is not at hand, do everything possible to provide an answer before the customer leaves the store.
- Respond to and handle customer issues by using good judgment and logic in solving problems and making decisions within the job scope.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn detailed information about multiple brands and apply the knowledge to assist customers based on their needs.
- Accurately process payments through the point of sales system.
- Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude at all times.
- Contribute to team efforts and attend all mandatory training and product knowledge sessions.
- Participate in store events and sales.
Warranty and Repairs
- Assess and process incoming warranties/repairs.
- Serve as the main point of contact and communicate with customers on warranties/repairs in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liaise with vendors to have warranties and repairs processed in a timely manner.
Merchandising and Maintenance
- Perform merchandising duties: folding, hanging and displaying product.
- Regular cleaning activities and other tasks that are include on job assignments.
- Maintain store stock levels on the floor and in the stockroom.
Fishing Knowledge and Expertise
- Demonstrate a passion for fishing by maintaining knowledge of trends and emerging technologies that relate to the fishing lifestyle.
- Knowledge of various fishing products, including rods, reels, tackle and accessories.
- Extensive practical, multidiscipline, hands-on fishing experience (saltwater, freshwater, fly fishing).
- Thorough knowledge of local fisheries and emphasis on techniques used in local fisheries.
- Get actively involved within the fishing community on appropriate issues.
Mentoring, Training and Employee Development
- Participate in all required Pacific Angler employee training, including new hire training, ongoing product and service training.
- Take advantage of additional training opportunities as they are offered.
- A passion for fishing.
- Deep knowledge and understanding (or a desire to learn) of our product line.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including one weekend day.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Up-to-date computer skills with the aptitude to learn and utilize business programs.